匯海論壇 - 縱橫匯海財經網站

找回密碼
 註冊
搜索
查看: 6203|回復: 26

Silver Investing Outlook

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2007-12-6 10:17:12 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Like gold, the nominal value of silver has a long and colorful history. Silver has been coined to produce currency since 700 BC and continues to be the basic unit of monetary value for many nations around the world today. In fact, the words for "silver" and "money" are the same in at least 14 different languages. As an investment, silver remains one of our favorite vehicles for wealth accumulation. We believe that the silver investing outlook remains extremely bullish and could outperform gold over the next few years.

2007 Silver Market Review

Silver Supplies

When it's all said and done, mine production is expected to increase 3.6% this year to ~23 million ounces. This growth n production is mainly the result of:

increased silver output at La Coipa mine (Kinross Gold, 50% - GoldCorp, 50%);
initial production at the San Cristobal mine (Apex Silver, 65% - Sumitomo, 35%);
a partial rebound at BHP Billiton's Cannington mine, the world's largest and lowest cost silver and lead mine; and
new production from Mexican mines including Pan American Silver's Alamo Dorado mine and Metallica Resource's Cerro San Pedro mine.
These increases will, however, be partially offset by production declines in Canada, Peru, Russia, and Kazakhstan.

Other market supplies this year came from producer hedging, scrap recycling, and central bank sales. But these have made only a modest overall contribution to total silver supplies.

Silver Demand

Industrial demand is anticipated to increase over 5% by year-end while jewelry and silverware fabrication are estimated to fall slightly. Lower jewelry production in Italy, Mexico, and the United States contrasts noteworthy gains in India and China this year.

Photographic silver use is also expected to drop by 10% in 2007. Demand for photographic silver continues to be affected by the overwhelming switch to digital technology. Silver use in consumer film has again been the hardest hit sub-sector and appears to be a terminally ill market. Coin minting also looks to have dropped a little in 2007 from the level recorded last year.

Silver investment demand is likely to remain positive despite being lower than in 2006. After good buy-side interest early this year, investment demand had slumped until recently, with a bit of selling from the more speculative short-term investors. Speculators were faced with disappointment after silver failed to sustain its break through $15 an ounce and recorded a subsequent setback in prices.

Silver Investing Outlook for 2008 and Beyond

Investment demand will remain key to silver's price in 2008. Higher demand will be required from investors because silver's supply/demand fundamentals are expected to deteriorate, with an expected surge in mine production and lower fabrication demand.

The outlook for 2008 is for a 7% rise in global mine production, most of the gain coming from:

a full year of output at the San Cristobal mine (Apex Silver, 65% - Sumitomo, 35%);
the commencement of production at EcuaGold Resources' San Bartolome property in Bolivia;
anticipated start-up at the GoldCorp's Mexican Penasquito mine property; and
the beginning of operations at Minefiders' Dolores projects in Mexico.

We expect that this new production will, however, be offset by fresh silver investment demand in part through ETFs and physical bullion which will push prices modestly higher in 2008.

In the longer-term we expect silver to outperform gold. Since 2004 the gold/silver price ratio has been tightening and now sits below the ~40 year average of 54:1. Based on today's market prices however, the gold/silver price ratio is 55:1. Take a look at the average gold/silver price ratio since 1970...

With increasing interests in ETFs and higher availability of physical silver bullion we expect this price ratio to continuing tightening over the next few years leading to an outperformance of silver prices to gold ... Long Silver!
20071205_gold_silver_price_ratio.png
發表於 2007-12-6 10:18:44 | 顯示全部樓層

回復 #1 CDO 的帖子

many thanks again!
 樓主| 發表於 2007-12-6 10:31:07 | 顯示全部樓層

下降三角型

關注黃色地帶走勢。
xag_d.png
發表於 2007-12-6 10:48:26 | 顯示全部樓層
请教 CDO  如跌破  黄色区域 会如何呀
發表於 2007-12-6 13:29:33 | 顯示全部樓層
謝拈
發表於 2007-12-6 13:58:15 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 CDO 於 2007-12-6 10:31 AM 發表
關注黃色地帶走勢。

thanks
發表於 2007-12-7 00:16:29 | 顯示全部樓層
請教是否已算破位,可以買入?
xag20071206d.gif
發表於 2007-12-7 00:19:21 | 顯示全部樓層
請教是否已算破位,可以買入?
xag20071206d.gif
發表於 2007-12-7 00:57:30 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 ken852 於 2007-12-7 12:19 AM 發表
請教是否已算破位,可以買入?

personally, I think so, but It's much better to check and confirm by the professional CDO!
anyway small buy already @798!!
 樓主| 發表於 2007-12-7 11:57:02 | 顯示全部樓層
原帖由 KANON加隆 於 2007-12-6 10:48 AM 發表
请教 CDO  如跌破  黄色区域 会如何呀

如果在黃區買入,而銀價跌破黃區底部,唔使問更係"止蝕"
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|匯海論壇 - 縱橫匯海財經網站

GMT+8, 2024-10-13 09:15 PM