匯海論壇 - 縱橫匯海財經網站

找回密碼
 註冊
搜索
查看: 13458|回復: 5

香港"笼狗":一座LV商店比巴黎更多的城市里

[複製鏈接]
發表於 2012-1-30 13:34:09 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Cage dogs of Hong Kong: The tragedy of tens of thousands living in 6ft by 2ft rabbit hutches - in a city with more Louis Vuitton shops than Paris
香港"笼狗":住在6乘2英尺大小的兔窝里的数万人的悲剧-在一座LV商店比巴黎更多的城市里

笼狗6.jpg
Hong Kong, one of the world's richest cities, is abuzz with a luxury property boom that has seen homes exchanged for record sums.
香港,这座全世界最富有的城市,由于豪宅市场的繁荣而喧闹,住房交易量也屡创新高。
But the wealth of the city has a darker side, with tens of thousands priced out of housing altogether and forced to live in the most degrading conditions.
不过,在这座城市的繁华背后,也有它的阴暗面:由于房屋价格过高,数万名居民迫出局、挤在一起,住在最低等的环境之下。
笼狗7.jpg

笼狗5.jpg
Yan Chi Leung is mentally ill and lives in the 6ft by 2.5ft wire cage at the bottom of this stack of three
Yan Chi Leung 患有精神疾病,住在6乘2.5英尺的铁笼底层。他的头上住着2个人。

笼狗11.jpg
Kong Sui Kao, 64, sits in his home in a room with 19 other cages
Kong Sui Kao今年64岁,他的铁笼周围还有19个铁笼。
 樓主| 發表於 2012-1-30 13:37:00 | 顯示全部樓層
The city is one of the planet's most densely packed metropolitan areas, with nearly 16,500 people living in every square mile of the territory.
香港是地球上人口最密集的大都市之一,每平方英里的土地上大约住着16500名居民。
Unscrupulous landlords are charging around US$200 a month for each cage, which are packed 20 to a room, and up to three levels high.
不法房东对每个铁笼的收费约为每月200美金。在一间屋里,有20个铁笼。每个铁笼有3层。
The lower cages are more expensive because you can almost stand inside them, but the conditions are no less squalid.
All this in a city with more Louis Vuitton shops than Paris.
铁笼一层比二三层更贵,因为你一站起来,就几乎进入了二三层内部。但是,居住条件却简陋到了极点。与此同时,这座城市的LV商店比巴黎更多。

Tai Lun Po, 79, has lived in the cage he is sitting in for an extraordinary 30 years
Tai Lun Po今年79岁,在铁笼里度过了特别的30年。

Eight-year-old Lee Ka Ying lives in a 6ft square 'cubicle cage home' with her
8岁的Lee Ka Ying 和她母亲住在6平方英尺的铁笼里。

Yan Chi Keung eats takeaway outside his wire cage home - there are no cooking facilities
Yan Chi Keung在铁笼外吃饭——没有烹饪设施

Tai Lun Po walks to the bathroom which he shares with the other residents
Tai Lun Po准备上厕所。他和其他居民共用一个厕所。
Occupants must share toilets and washing facilities, which are rudimentary. Many of the apartments have no kitchens, forcing their impoverished residents to spend there meagre incomes on takeaway food.
居民们必须共用简陋的厕所和洗漱间。许多住所没有厨房,这迫使居民用微薄的收入购买外卖。
The cage homes have been a running scandal in Hong Kong's housing market for decades, yet rather than disappear, they are on the rise.
铁笼在香港房屋市场已经出现了几十年。它们不仅没有消失,反而愈演愈烈。

As the world economic crisis has lashed the city a former British territory whose economy is focused on financial services, more have been forced to turn to them for a place to stay.
在世界金融危机袭击了这片英国前殖民地之后,由于香港经济曾着重于服务业,更多的人开始被迫寻找能呆下来的地方。
The alternative is life on the streets.
他们的第二选择是在街道上生活。

Mr Yan smokes a cigarette amid his neighbours in his cage flat
Mr Yan在他的笼友之间抽烟。

Tai Lun Po walks the corridors of his Mongkok Hong Kong cage home
Tai Lun Po在他旺角铁笼的家旁的走廊中走动。

Tang Man Wai, 60, a retired restaurant worker, is forced to spend what little money he has on take-away food
Tang Man Wai今年60岁,是一名退休的餐厅职工。他被迫花上微薄的收入购买外卖。

A building in Mongkok that houses cage people, sometimes squeezed twenty to a room
一座香港旺角的建筑,里面住着许多铁笼居民。有时候,20人挤在一间屋里。
One cage dweller, Cheung, who lives in Sham Shui Po, told the Asia Times Online he endures appallingly cramped and fetid conditions.
住在深水埗的铁笼居民 Cheung告诉亚洲时报在线记者,他忍受着骇人听闻的狭窄而散发恶臭的环境。
'The temperature inside the cages can be two to three degrees higher than what they are outside,' he said.
“笼内温度可以比笼外高2-3度,”他表示。

'It's really uncomfortable, and sometimes I cannot sleep until after 5 in the morning.'
“这里非常不舒服,有时候要到早上5点我才能睡着。”
Cockroaches, wall lizards, lice and rats are common. 'Sometimes I am worried if lizards or cockroaches will crawl into my ears at night,' said Cheung.
蟑螂、墙上的蜥蜴、虱子和老鼠很常见。“有时候我会担心,蜥蜴和老鼠会不会在晚上钻进我的耳朵。”Cheung表示。
 樓主| 發表於 2012-1-30 13:37:56 | 顯示全部樓層
外国网民评论:
Now I appreciate my grotty student house a tad more. I had no idea that these cages existed. Those poor people.
现在我对自己那间难看的学生间更满意一点了。我不明白为什么这些铁笼会存在。那些穷人啊。
- Polly, Manchester, 11/1/2012 10:05

One gentleman has lived in his 'cage' for 30 years? Wasn't that when HongKong was BRITISH? Red arrow away.
一位先生已经在铁笼里住了30年了?那时候香港不是归英国管么?矛头转移了。
- Dragonhead, Wellington, New Zealand, 11/1/2012 9:49

No matter how rich a country is.....there are still poor . When i left the UK there were people sleeping in shop door ways all over the west end of London . Im sure there are more now , with no cage !
不论一个国家怎样富有。。。都会有穷人。在我离开英国时,那些躺在商店门前睡觉的人遍布了伦敦西区。我觉得现在这样的人更多了。他们还没有笼子!
- Glad 2B Gone, Philippines, 11/1/2012 10:45

Shocking. I must admit my first reaction to this article was, well at least they can get out and walk about and don't get skinned alive and sold as food like so many thousands, or millions, of animals that spend their miserable lives in cages. However after a bit more thought I had to admit that no one should live, or exist, like this and the govt of Hong Kong should be utterly ashamed for not doing more for these poor people .Perhaps with more exposure they will be shamed into doing something about this appalling state of affairs. I hope so.
震惊。我得承认,这是我对本文的第一个反应。当然,至少这些人能够走出笼子,四处走动,而不是像成千上万可悲动物们一样,在活着的时候被剥皮,卖掉。然而,经过进一步思考,我觉得没有人应当像这些人一样活着或是生存着。香港政府没有为这些穷人做更多的事,他们理当感到无比羞愧。或许在更多的曝光后,他们就会对这些骇人听闻的事情采取行动。但愿如此。
- sue kyberd, nelson new zealand, 11/1/2012 13:58

This could be England soon
英国也快这样了。
- Jack, Hull, 11/1/2012 11:12

shocking no one should be forced to live like this.
震惊。没人应当被迫过这种生活
- poppy, here in the uk, 11/1/2012 19:55

I hope our politicians, bankers and business owners don't see this article, it'll give 'em ideas.
但愿我们的政治家、银行家和资本家们没看到本文。这会给他们启发。
- gandhi's shoe, leicester, uk, 11/1/2012 19:57

These are terrible images, a lot of us should realize how lucky we are just to have a normal house.
这些图片真可怕。我们中的许多人应当庆幸自己住在普通的屋里。
- Alexandra, London, UK, 11/1/2012 21:16

The UK should build places like this or even Shanty towns for all those that don't want to work and would rather live off benefit. This would be far better than housing all the lazy spongers in 4 bedroom detatched houses.
英国应当也像这样建房、甚至是建立棚户区,以便让那些宁可不工作也要吃福利的人居住。这总比建立那些拥有4间卧室、为寄生虫们服务的独立房屋要来得好。
- Like it is, London, 11/1/2012 20:15

Having lived in Hong Kong what people don't realise is that it is considered shameful to beg or to live off any handouts. It is common for ordinary people to study in the evening and university libraries are open until very late at night because people understand that the way out of poverty is through education. The people living in these "cage homes" are self dependent and don't live in a three bedroom house with the rent paid for by the State. They don't have sky tv etc, which every welfare claimant in the uk has. I know whom I respect more.
我住在香港。与英国一些人的想法相反,香港人认为卑躬屈漆或是靠救济是可耻的。对许多传统的市民来说,在晚上学习,目睹高校图书馆开到深夜是很常见的。因为人们知道教育才是摆脱贫穷的出路。这些住在“铁笼”中的人是独立自主的,他们不会住在有着三间卧室、由国家收取租金的房里。他们没有夜生活、电视节目等等这些在每个英国的福利诉求中都存在着的项目。了解到这些后,我对他们更尊敬了。
- g.hudson, cheadle.uk, 11/1/2012 21:28

Awful how these people are existing. Such inequalities in the world are heartbreaking.
真可怕。这些人是怎么生活的。世间的不平等真让人伤心。
- peace, respect and gallons of tea, Great great Britain, 11/1/2012 23:54

This can't be true... simply horrific and very very disturbing... I guess that's the price people of bottom of the pyramid have to pay in order for the country to develop and grow faster... A sad state of affairs indeed. Many developing countries have been blind... and have compleTELy ignored the ones that are in need. Same situation here in India as well. When will Governments wake up and realize this? You cannot ignore people like this... I hope to God things change. Very sad.
这不可能是真的。。。。太可怕太让人不安了。。。我想这就是为了使一个国家发展得更快,而让身处金字塔底层的人民付出的代价。。。真让人难过。许多发展中国家的发展已经盲目了。。。忽视了本该重视的人。印度也有同样的问题。什么时候政府才能醒悟,重视这种情况?他们不能像这样忽略人民。。。但愿事情有转机。太难过了。
- We WILL win number 19 soon. , India, Mumbai, 11/1/2012 16:04

hell this is hard hitting, I visited Hong Kong last year after coming back from holiday in australlia and I had no idea that people lived like this, just makes you appriciate what you have got
我操,这冲击力太大了。去年,从澳大利亚旅游回来后我去了香港,那时并未见到文中所提的这类人。学会感激你们现在的生活吧。
- Alex Warren, Swindon, Wiltshire, 11/1/2012 22:03
 樓主| 發表於 2012-1-30 13:38:36 | 顯示全部樓層
来自香港的评论:
These cages have been existing for quite a long time, almost 50 to 60 years. It is shameful that the govt has done so little to help these people. Yes, Hong Kong is a rich city. There are countless Benz, BMW, Audi on roads. The shopping malls are packed with luxurious brand names. The govt has a huge reserves of cash. ... But the hard fact is that its wealth gap is among the worst in the World. One research finds that around 100,000 of the city's 7 million people living in these cages of less than 60 square feet. Plainly shameful.
这些铁笼存在了很长时间了,大约有五六十年。令人羞耻的是,在帮助这些人方面,政府做得很少。不错,香港是富。道路上有无数的奔驰、宝马和奥迪。商场里的奢侈品品牌琳琅满目。政府还有巨额的外汇储备。。。然而,一个严峻的事实是,它的贫富差距是世界上最严重的。一项研究表明,在这座城市的七百万人中,大约有十万人住在这种不足60英尺大的铁笼中。非常可耻。
- Chow, Hong Kong, 11/1/2012 11:02

It's really upsetting the comments on this. These people are poor and would rather live anywhere else than in these conditions. Accomodation is extremely expensive in HK and this is all these people can afford, many of them work hard for a living and cannot get out of these conditions. What is wrong with people today?? Hong Kong is very different to China, try to make informed comments before you all go blabbing off your mouths... the point of this story in plain terms is that the rich are very rich in HK and the poor are very poor with little/no support! Yes I think alot of things in Hong Kong are great and the UK could probably learn a thing or 2 from them, for example they have an amazing public transport. This is an example where they do let their people down. In this day and age why should people live like this without support and help no matter what country they live in. Have a heart people! I hope more can be done to support these people.
要对此事作出评价,我感到很不爽。这些人是穷人,他们希望住在更好的环境下。香港的住房非常昂贵,这些人买不起。他们中的许多人都在拼命工作、养活自己,但还是摆脱不了这种环境。这些人犯了什么错?香港和中国的区别是很大的,在你们评价前,先搞清楚这点。坦白说来,这篇文章的观点是,在香港,富人会更富,穷人会更穷,而且没有帮助!是,我是觉得香港很多地方都很好,英国也可以从中学到一点两点,比如令人称奇的公共交通。这是一个政府使人民失望的例子。在这个时代,不论身处哪个国家,人们都不应像这样生活,况且还没有帮助。我希望这些人能得到更多的帮助。
- Expat, Hong Kong, 11/1/2012 14:03

Sorry those that are ignorant to the world had to see this, but it's just the same as any 1930's Hoovervilles in the US. The question you need to ask yourself is once China owns all your domestic debt and over 60% of America's prime real-estate, is where you going to be living - in a $3m dollar apartment or in one of these cages?
不好意思,让世界看到了这幅愚昧的场景。但是在30年代的美国,也有着胡佛村一类的收容所。你们需要考虑的问题是,如果中国获得了你们的全部国债和超过60%的美国的主要房地产,你们打算住哪儿——是三百万美元一间的住房还是这类铁笼?
- Mathius Battisti, Hong Kong, 11/1/2012 15:24

This is why those whingers that live in council houses in the UK should be thankful they have a proper house to live in and can claim benefits etc. There are so many people less fortunate.
这就是住在英国简易住宅中的市民们需要感恩的原因。他们有着更好的房子居住,还能申请福利之类。许多人可没有这么幸运。
- Reena, Hong Kong, China, 11/1/2012 18:35

Cagemen have lived this way in HK for over 50 years. A biopic was made about them, a local film in 2002, & does touch on the fact that many of the people living in cages are totally alone. Difficult for us to understand, but they feel that they at least form part of a community where they are and they choose to live like this. HK does have a huge wealth divide, but no more so than any other city, and these people are willing to work hard. They didn't ask the journalist to write about their 'plight', so there should be no reason for the 'leave them to it' comments that are being posted, & there should be no reason to judge the Chinese or any other race based on this article. Some people leaving posts would be better off making educated comments rather than talk about a life half way around the world in a country that they have never visited. Article very one-sided - forgot to mention that most people these days shopping at LV and the like are actually mainland Chinese, not locals!
这些笼中之人已经存在了超过50年。2002年有部香港电影,拍的就是他们的传记。他们中的许多人独自住在笼中。以下事实也许我们很难理解:他们感到自己是社区的一份子,他们自己选择了这样的生活。香港有着巨大的贫富差距,但这并不比别的城市的更大。而且,这些人心甘情愿地努力工作。他们没有要求记者描写自身的困境,所以这里的一些“帮助他们离开”的评论是没有道理的。仅凭这篇文章就评价中华民族或是其他种族也是没有道理的。比起谈论一个从未见过的、年国半百的异国生命,发表一些有教养的评论更好。这篇文章非常片面——它没有提到,那些去LV购物的大多数人并不是本地人,而是大陆人!
- Ken, Central, Hong Kong, 11/1/2012 21:26

The Hong Kong Government gave permanent Hong Kong residents HK$6,000 to put into their retirement fund, many people in Hong Kong would not have the need for this money and it would have been prudent to have used it to provide better housing for these people.
香港政府给了香港的永久居民6000美元的退休金,许多香港人并不需要这笔钱。把这笔钱用于帮助这些人更好。
- hongkongpauli, Hong Kong, 12/1/2012 7:04

The situation will become worser As there are thousands of Mainland poor pregnant women give birth in HK everyday!They contribute nothing but they earn all benefits of those HK residents!
在每天有成千的大陆穷孕妇来港产子后,情况将变得更糟!她们什么贡献也没有,但却在享受那些香港居民们的福利!
- Angry HongKonger, Hong Kong, 11/1/2012 11:37

It's true, greedy landlords, property giants and the government continous backing of of income from land auctuion is the result.
这篇报道是真实的。如果贪婪的房东,金融巨鳄和政府继续减少本土收入,那么拍卖就是最后的结局。
- Adriano, Hong Kong, 11/1/2012 23:34
發表於 2012-1-30 15:28:45 | 顯示全部樓層
中国很多人还想方设法去做“笼狗”呢。和中国一比,香港还是天堂。
發表於 2012-9-11 23:17:24 | 顯示全部樓層
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

小黑屋|手機版|Archiver|匯海論壇 - 縱橫匯海財經網站

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 12:38 AM